Things that annoy me

An incomplete list of things that annoy me.


1. People who insult or complain about Sri Lanka. Do not ever find fault in Sri Lanka, if I'm within hearing distance. Each time you say something against Sri Lanka, I picture what the imprint of my fist would look like on your cheek!


 2. Coriander. The most dreadful taste on earth! I hate any form of coriander, seeds or leave. I even hate that smell it gives off. Not only is this about hate, coriander makes me nauseous. I dread it like I dread the plague!


3. Sweet and sour food. Pineapples and raisins do not belong in my rice! Sweet and sour fish? Sweet or sour for me. This is why I eat very little ketchup. It's too sweet. Why can't people eat spicy food for their main meals, and leave the sweet stuff for dessert!


4. Photographers. Anyone with any kind of camera who keeps taking a million and one pictures, I hate you. And not pictures of things around us, but making all of us pose and taking ten pictures of one pose! Even worse are the poses. "Okay guys! Crazy picture. Ah! Perfect. Crazier picture! Now look sexy. Now the duck face." Please do not ask me to pose for a single picture. I won't feel left out when you upload all those as soon as you get home and I'm not in any of them.


5. Attention seekers. You know how you are in a group, and there'll be this one person who wants all the attention? If that person is you, die! Don't try to always be the leader of the group!


6. People who text during a face to face conversation. What do you want me to do while you send a thousand smiley faces to someone? And do go all, oh! you can talk, I'm still listening.


7. Air conditioning. I swear, anything below 26 covers me in goosebumps! I like hot weather, sweating is better than freezing, now turn the damn AC off!


8. Cigarette smoke. If we are talking and you are smoking, blow the smoke so that it doesn't end up in my face. It's not the cancer I worry about, or how rude it is to blow smoke into someone's face. But the cigarette smoke smell makes my head spin. Unless you want me puking on you, yeah, do not stand close to me while you smoke.


9. On a similar note. The smell of alcohol. It's disgusting and I do not want drunk people around me.


10. Ultra skinny jeans. Both men and women, let everything below your waist breathe! If you have to wiggle to get into our jeans, maybe you shouldn't be wearing them.


11. Loud music. If we are hanging out and you start playing super loud music, well, I'll just go home. I'm not going to shout over the music, so we won't be having a conversation and I'd rather go deaf at home than with you.


12. People who talk during movies. I'm not paying 600 rupees or more to listen to you talk! Don't always shift around in your seat or munch on potato chips as loud as ever. Keep quite, and let me watch the movie!


13. Table manners and whatnot. Here's the thing, if you place a chunk of rock hard meat in front of me, don't tell me I can't first judge your cooking skills and then go into battle with my food. If you don't give me a knife, I can't break the chunk of meat.


14. Guessing ages. I'm terrible at it so don't tell me something like, oh! Guess how old I am.


15. Gossip. I absolutely hate it when men and women get together and talk about someone and then in front of them, pretend to be their best friends. Don't be a backstabber. And don't gossip. It's such an ugly habit.


16. People who don't spoil me a bit. Look, I know this is selfish but I'm still a child. So I have crazy mood swings and quite random needs and wants. If I hint that I feel like ice cream, go get me some ice cream. I won't always expect you to be at my beck and call but like, spoil me just a little bit. And if you say that you feel like ice cream, and I say that we could go now, and you say oh no, you don't really need ice cream, well why did you tell me you felt like having ice cream before? You either want it or you don't and if you don't, why did you make such a useless and dishonest statement before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go