Misusing your Sexuality

(I will use the words gay and homosexuality throughout the post. But I am talking about the LGBTIQ community and whatever other letters they have added on to what once was the LGBT community, in general.)

I have no issue with gays. I have no issue with people who do not in any way bother me. So gays in no way make my brain give out warnings. In fact, I'm one of those straight people who would happily fight for gay rights. Except, people make it seem like being gay is being in the Cool Club. "Oh, you aren't Cool Club material. Go sit with the heterosexuals!"

Now here's the thing.
Being gay,
doesn't make you mentally unstable,
insane,
sick,
stupid,
an attention seeker,
a weirdo.
Nor does it make you awesome and give you a reason to be an asshole!

So there are two kinds of gays.

Those who like people of the same sex.
Those who frikkin try to dress up and talk weird!

Wearing a baby pink V neck tshirt, with tight pants, doesn't make you gay. It makes you stupid!
And ladies, what's up with the baggy shirts tucked into washed out jeans and really short hair?

So my issue isn't with people who like those of their own sex. I mean, it's none of my business anyway. My issue is with people who use their sexuality as a weapon.

If I dress to make obvious my sexuality, and if I go get touchy with men, I'll be called a slut. Plain and simple. So when a man dresses up in a feminine manner, and flirts around with other men, and someone tells him to stop, he'll say, "Oh you are homophobic!" Which isn't exactly fair! Because, you being gay isn't a reason for you to be an asshole!

So Gay parades. Now gay rights don't exists. Am I getting 10% off on all groceries because I'm straight? Ya, so just as straight rights don't exist, gay rights too, don't. You have rights as a human, and this is what you have to ask for. Are not the African Americans human? Are not the women human? Ya? Well, they too once fought for their rights. And now they don't have women's rights (okay, women are still fighting for their rights. I mean, it's like we don't want to be treated equally. We want to be treated like frikking queens!) and they don't have African American rights. So fight for your right to marriage or the right to choose who you do the deed with, as a human, as a person and not as a homosexual.

My issue with fake gays doesn't end here. Because they make it difficult for the world to even consider accepting homosexuality as normal. Sri Lanka has to take many steps forward, but as a nation we are taking those steps. Slowly, yes, but they are being taken. Yet, the showcase gays make me want to not protest against the stupid laws of this country.

For some, being gay isn't about your preference in who to love. It's about prancing about in your little costumes. It's about protesting against discrimination, which most of go through regardless of our sexuality.

Except the very gays who join these pride parades and whatnot are the ones who make you want to smack them with a book and then tighten that stupid bow tie around their necks!

But let's also look at the LGBT community in general. There's no, them and us. We are all human. But let's say there is a them and us. They aren't insane, or abnormal. They aren't stupid or dangerous. They are like the rest of us. Being gay doesn't make you a murderer or a psychopath. Your sexuality has nothing to do with your personality (in that sense!)

They are not different and don't need to be treated differently. Using the same glass as them won't turn a straight man gay. Nor will praying over them, make a gay man straight.

We need to accept one another for who we are. Being humans prevents us from never judging people. But you are better off judging someone by their behavior instead of their sexuality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go