Blog Dos and Don'ts

Now these aren't rules to live by. These are just what I expect from a blog, and those who read my blogs.

Dear Bloggers,

1. Blog. Seriously! Like if you know I read your blog, frikking blog frequently. It's disappointing to wait for your page to load only to find a two month old post. It's your duty as a blogger to post frequently.

2. Do not share your blog entries if you don't want people to know what you wrote. If it's a personal blog, you are better off not sharing it on facebook. And if you do, don't complain that "too many people know about your problems." Especially if you write about the time your sixteen year old self slept with a thirty year old and your frikking parents are your facebook friends! So just think twice about what you post.

(By now I've decided to fight to make frikking a real word!)

3. Do not write for others. Write for your self. Don't say, "this is for a friend who asked me to write about mushroom salad!" It's your blog, write things for your self. This is mostly for personal blogs!

4. This is not something I do, so I don't really mind it, but you are better off looking for grammatical and spelling errors before publishing your post. It's nicer to read, when there are few or no mistakes.



Dear Readers of my Blogs,

1. I don't share my personal blog on facebook because I don't want everyone to read it. If I gave you the link, read it, if you came across it, read it. But don't read an entry and then post on my facebook wall, "Hey I read your blog (link here) and hey, what's up?" Look, you can leave comments, and you can share any post that's on blogspot, but do not share my personal blog on facebook. (I swear, I will do terrible things to you.)

2. Don't tell me things like, "I was reading your personal blog yesterday," if I haven't told you about it. Just please, don't. It's awkward and my mind goes all, "stalker alert! BEEP BEEP!"

3. If you make the effort to find my blog, read it but never complain. Don't ever say I don't write about you or things like, "hey I never said that" and then decide I don't deserve to have you in my life. If you are offended by what I wrote in my blog, you'll kill me for what I've written in my journal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go