Dear...

Dear postman,
Thank you.
You didn't do anything extraordinarily nice or kind. You didn't even say much. But you gave me a reason to feel happy early in the morning.

Dear the driver and conductor of the morning bus,
Thank you for reminding me that people can be nice without expecting anything in return. Thank you for not only giving the balance of two rupees but also for offering to drop me where there wasn't even a bus stop. Thank you for giving me a reason to walk to office with a smile on my face.

Dear dude wearing too much perfume,
I wouldn't usually thank someone like you but your perfume smelled amazing. Thank you

Dear evening three-wheeler driver,
You didn't know De Silva Road. You asked me for directions. When we got to the road, you asked me if it was Silva Road I was talking about. The whole thing made me laugh. Thank you

Dear whoever is responsible for the traffic jam on New Galle Road's Moratuwa area,
Fuck you and your fucking parade. This fuck you is a combination of all 'fuck you's I've ever said. Please hold your parades when tired souls aren't on their way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go