palm to palm :)



Sometimes... like now... I just need a break from everything. From people, from life. People ask me why I go to work five days a week, Amma always tells me to take Monday off. But I go. Sometimes all I do is what I can do from home. Sometimes I spend the day playing Sudoku, or Wordament or Spider Solitaire! But I travel for 1 ½ hours to get there, and I spent the same time getting back, because it’s an escape. From all the drama that is too overwhelming sometimes.

Following a conversation about life, I gave it all some thought. And realized that I have so many memories that I have hidden away. That I have bottled up and never told anyone. I don’t know if I ever will tell them to anyone, listening ears are hard to find these days. And sometimes silence says much more than words could. Sometimes a smile can actually make everything better.

Then there are all those things that you only know if you read between the lines. But I don’t do that. I take what is told or done just as it is. Compliments, insults, just as they are. Don’t put up statuses that may or may not talk about us, because I wouldn’t really get them. Don’t say things like, “some people are like that…” I wouldn’t even think you were talking about me. Just say things to my face. This came up when I was talking to a friend. I told him how I hate it when guys beat around the bush when asking a girl out. Then I realized that I hate it in general. Life is too short to be playing games… Just say what you need to say. It may be hurtful but I’d rather know the truth than the maybe-truth.

Today a friend and I kept our palms together. He laughed that my hands were tiny, and his palm against mine, it looked like a father and child palm to palm moment. And I realized, I can’t remember doing that with my father. I just never did. It seemed like a normal thing to do, every child and his or her father. All the movies have that one scene. I have amazing memories of a much younger me and my dad. Various things. But never that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go