A list: What I will get done by December 31st, 2016

This year sure has been a mixture of good, bad and interesting. For all of today and the few days leading to today, I thought we were already in May and then realized that April wasn’t ready to say goodbye to us just yet.


Since May might be a month of many changes in my life, I thought of putting together a list for the rest of the year. Which doesn't make too much sense unless you've abandoned your blog for too long and feel super guilty.

What I will get done by December 31st, 2016


Night Owls*


The story behind Night Owls is simple. While at The Nation, I handled Free, the youth section, and my friend handled Jeans, the kids section. We both loved our little magazines. For close to two years, we sat next to each other in office (less than two years? But it sure feels like forever), we contributed to each others sections and we went on quite a few amazing assignments.

Things changed and at the end of last year, we found ourselves without our ‘babies’ as we called Free and Jeans. And we sure felt lost and purposeless. So we started a Facebook page called Craftinions, where we continued making crafts like we did for Jeans. But life got in the way. We both work now and it’s difficult to have a hobby when you are always tired or working.

So we thought that it shouldn’t be a hobby. It should be something we have deadlines for and work hard on. And so we decided to launch Night Owls which will be everything Free and Jeans was but so much more too.

We have a lot of plans for Night Owls and I hope that by the end of the year, things will go smoothly and we/I can make it our full time project.


Craftinions


We want to do something with Craftinions too and it’s a bit too early to talk about it but by the end of the year, we hope to make it so much more than a Facebook page that we don’t update often. (Sorry, Onion the Minion)


The Story


In October last year, I wrote in my other blog that if I write 30,000 words of what I’ll call ‘The Story’ for now, I will take a break from work for a year and focus on my writing. I mean, my work involves writing but The Story is a novel.

Anyway, I decided that NaNoWriMo was a great way to start and I ended up with 50,000 words by the end of November. The story is more or less put together and I only have around five or six chapters to type. But I have to double the word count in each chapter if I am to reach my goal of 100,000 words. And that sure takes a lot of time.

But by the 31st of December, I’ll somehow get it done.


Poems


Publishing my poems is something I’ve spoken about with various people over the past few months. But I’m always so hesitant to talk to people who can actually guide me or help me. But I do want to have a couple of my poems in print. I have the page layouts and all in mind so it’s just that I need to get around to talking to someone about it. But I won’t start 2017 once again thinking that I should publish my poems at least this year.



And that’s it. A very short list, for sure, but they are big goals. Night Owls will keep me busy for hopefully the rest of my life and my story will be done by the end of the year, again, hopefully. So let’s see. I’ll come back to this post at the end of the year and see if 2016 ended up being a good year :)




*If you want to know more about Night Owls, go to our Facebook page. You can help us out by sending articles, poems, short stories, recipes etc. If you take photographs of people, events, nature, animals or anything interesting, email them to us. If you make videos, we have a few ideas you can help us out with. If you know anyone who deserves to be interviewed, let us know. Fill out this survey if you use public transport. Contact us through Facebook or email us: bakamoonukatha@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go