My main mood is cranky while I'm sometimes all happy and excited and talkative. And it's a pity when people meet me during my off days and think I'm this person who is super excited to be alive. But they, at some point, meet me when I'm in my usual mood. Their natural reaction is to say I've changed and ask me what's wrong. But they refuse to accept that I am cranky 90% of my life. And then they tell me to go back to being the person they know. They refuse to accept that I don't have a choice in the matter. Explaining it to them is of no use because the conversation keeps going in circles. And also because, if my behavior causes no harm to me or anyone else, I don't see why I need to explain myself to anyone. It makes no sense that we search for happiness with such passion. But while chasing after happiness, we often forget that the opposite of happiness isn't sadness. And that not being happy (outwardly happy, that is) isn't a bad thing. Because when I'm ignoring humans, not saying much or not showing interest in conversation, I am still happy... in my own way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go