Complinsults (Van lady tales)

One of the van ladies told me today that she has noticed I've made only one or two calls during my 2 1/2 years in the van. She thought I was being considerate of others and didn't want to have personal conversations in the van. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was all that but also because I've managed to distance myself so much from people that most of my conversations happen on Twitter. I did tell her that I avoid phone calls like the plague and she said it was surprising that although a young girl (this sure sounded like an insult), I wasn't glued to my phone all the time.

The fact that I'm not like everyone else (in the van) made me happy, but sometimes I actually wonder if being like them, being someone who has (phone) conversations and doesn't avoid relationships, might do me some good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Availability, dating, love, etc.

Alone time

Learning to Let Go