අපි ආදරය කරන අයගෙන් අපිව අත්කරන්නට ජීවිතය තැත් කරයි. බොහෝ විට එය සිදුවන්නේ අපගේ සිහින හෝ අරමුණු හරහාය. එහෙත් අපි ආදරය නිසා අපේ සිහින අමතක නොකළ යුතුය. එය ජීවිතයේ කොටසක් යයි සිතා අපි යායුතු ගමන තනියම හෝ යායුතුමය.
2025
Last night, I met some of my closest friends – people I love; people who have made me feel loved. We talked about our new year’s resolutions: fitness, travel, meeting more frequently. We talked about more personal goals. And I don’t know if it was the wine, the setting, the general gaiety of the season, but I was just so happy. And that happiness is, to a great extent, still with me, even as I spend the afternoon by myself, my mother off having lunch with friends and our cats and dog enjoying a post-lunch nap. And this seems like the perfect time to reflect on the year that was 2025. I don’t know if this serves any purpose, but it feels like such a natural need: to look back at the year you survived as you step into another. I wanted to see what I wrote in the past few years but I seem to have skipped a recap post in 2024 and 2023. I don’t know why, but it could be because most of both years were spent being careful. They didn’t feel like real years, much like those covid years did...
Comments
Post a Comment